Monday, April 12, 2010

Plates in the air

So, how many plates can I juggle at one time without EVERYTHING crashing to the ground on me?
Dunno, let's find out..
Right now I have my bake off event for Autism Speaks this weekend (and if you are within the sound of my voice I expect you to be there or I won't love you anymore) then I'm planning a bake sale at school, just me this time and just cupcakes also for Autism Speaks. After that I have the 45 mile 5 boro bike ride in May ALSO for Autism Speaks. In June we go to Disney World and then the Berkshires after the kids get out of school and, oh,did I mention we might be moving? Yeah. Forgot to toss that one in there. Fingers crossed but we found a great place completely by accident and we are trying to figure out how to get our grubby paws on it. After all is said and done with two cars and mortgage and blah and blah we would have to come up with about $3,000 a month which isn't completely out of our range but will force us to eliminate some things like oh, dunno, 3 of the 4 Disney trips we take a year maybe? My darling husband and I decided a long time ago, before kids that we would always rather go places and make memories than have stuff. I don't like jewelry and I'm certainly no fashion horse but I love to travel and so that's what we've done. Until now. That would have to change with this house HOWEVER this house has a huge yard and a family room in the basement and three bedrooms and a driveway with a garage it's 1/2 a mile from the school, the town has a barn with a therapy riding program which is something I feel really passionate about getting Lion involved in.
I think we would be able to do far more with the space we have and have more social things around the home but do less away from home.
Don't know. Things to think about but in the mean time I'm prepping this place either to be sold or rented. That means I'm on my hands and knees scrubbing and dusting under the radiators...
Plates in the air, plates in the air.

No comments: