Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I like to ride my bicycle...

I have two weeks till the TD Bank 5 boro Bike Tour.
Today I go to the bank and make the deposit from Vicious & Virtuous which will bring me to the $500 I had to raise to be a part of the Autism Speaks team. (HOORAY!)
Then I'm going to go and get my bicycle. Today is the day. It's time.
Ya know, since I have two weeks to train to ride for 42 miles of biking...
You don't have to tell me I'm crazy because I already know but if I survive the one on May 2nd I have my eye on what they call a Century Bike Tour
http://www.nyccentury.org/
This tour has different lengths. I'd like to try the 75 mile or the 100 mile but I'll see if I survive the 42 mile first.
I'm telling you, this new me is so strange. I'm still not completely adjusted to her! She likes to exercise and has stopped eating sugar and is always looking for new ways to work out and get in shape. She wants to lift heavy things all the time and wants to push herself. Very strange. The slug in me is sitting back biding her time waiting till this new me burns out but so far...
Anyway, this is my sweet bike:
Yup. She's pink. Pink and beautiful. I'd really wanted the Hello Kitty Bike but it was way too expensive.
For those of you who know me, it will come as no surprise that I have pink handlebar streamers and this is my helmet:
This is the saddlebag that will go on the back of my bike.
Today is the day I go and pick up my beautiful bike...I can't wait!

No comments: