Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hello and welcome!!

So apparently the wonderful Berkshire Museum found my blog post on our house in The Berkshires and all my favorite things to do. They put it up on their Facebook page!
If you are here from that link, hello and welcome!
It's true that I'm a HUGE fan of the Berkshires and can't wait to get up there this summer. I wish my husband liked it and that we were able to get up more but our house has no cel phone reception, no internet and no air conditioning, oh and last summer we saw a bear. (NATURE! EEEEKK!) so he's not into going up ever at all.
This blog however isn't about the Berkshires though I do talk about it a lot since so many really important memories about growing up are from there. (Shopping with my dad at Sears when it was still over at the Allendale Mall, my first real serious boyfriend, learning how to drive, getting my license, getting my horse...you get the idea)
This blog is more of a place for me to vent and for me to pretend that I have folks who give a rats rear end about what goes on in my simple, insane, goofy life.
Feel free to stick around but if you are here to find Berkshire posts come back a little closer to the summer time when I am gearing up to head up there for a few weeks.
Still reading?
Okay some random info on me...
I'm a native NYer born and raised in NYC's Greenwich Village on Christopher Street.
I went to college for Equine Science but stopped riding when my horse was killed in a trailer accident (He slipped and broke his neck on the way home from a horse show.)
I have not driven a car in about 11 years.
I'm still completely stuck in the 80's and love all things glam rock and 80's metal.
I lost my best friend of 30 years to a motorcycle accident in 2007 and I still mourn her death every day and cry for her at least once a week.
I've been married to my husband who goes nameless in this blog only for my amusement for 10 years.
I'm loud, and very opinionated.
I have Attention Defect (typo and it stays) Disorder. I have the attention span of a gnat. It sucks.
I drink way too much Diet Coke.

There ya go. A few random things about me...

No comments: