Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My children and Boot Camp


I've been a faithful devote of Hoboken Boot Camps since last September. I started out when we were in the park at 5:00am. I'd wake up at 4:30 and quietly get myself dressed and walk the 7 blocks uptown to the park.
I would leave my offspring and husband in a blissful slumber.
When he got his first studio space up on Washington Street, we would drop the kids off at school and head to boot camp.
When he moved to the Monroe Center it was the same thing. Drop the kids off at school and go and work out.
It was perfect and worked out so well. Then all of a sudden it was June and summer break was upon us.
I didn't want to have to give up class but what was I going to do with the kids?
I decided they would just have to come with me. It's only half an hour right?
It's not working out so well. Last week Brian climbed up the fire escape and yesterday he ran into the parking lot. I talked to David and we both agree that I'm going to have to head back to the 5:50am class if I want to keep Boot Camping this summer.
I just talked to Mike about it and he's less than happy with this new routine because my getting up at 4:30am means I go to bed at 8:30pm. It means we eat and I go to bed. We don't get to spend much time together since he doesn't get home till 7 during the week and if he does the 7pm Boot Camp he doesn't get home till about 7:30. He's right. Getting up that early means I'm exhausted at the end of the day and my relationship with him becomes absolutely non existent.
He's also upset and disappointed because I've been going to the 7pm class with him and because of it he's been feeling okay in class and comfortable.
Without me he most likely won't go and I'm not sure WHAT to do about the Saturday class since if I can't bring the kids during the week, I can't bring them on Saturday.
This is one of the joys of having a kid on the spectrum. Lion doesn't listen and has no self awareness and no concern for his own safety. I can tell him a million times not to go into the parking lot but there he is, in the parking lot because he wants to go regardless of what I tell him.
I've got a call into the kids babysitter to see if she can watch them for me for an hour 4 days a week. It would be an additional $240.00 a month but it means that we can do the 7pm class together.

No comments: