Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 21st, 2007



Yesterday was the 3 year anniversary of my best friends death.
I spent the day watching my boys splash in the water and build sandcastles and find little tiny crabs.
It was their first time at the beach and they had a blast.
I thought of her all day and realized what a fitting tribute to her our days activities were.
She more than anyone else in my life taught me to go, do, see, explore.
Take advantage of what is put in front of you and whatever you do do it to the most extreme but above all else, have fun.
The second life isn't fun anymore it's pointless.
I couldn't have scripted a better day for me and the boys.
We explored and did something new and that's what she was all about her whole life.
We spent the day living life and there is no better way I could have spent the day.

To live in hearts we leave behind
Is not to die.
Thomas Campbell

No comments: