Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Good Things

“Patience is the art of hoping.” -  Marquis de Vauvenargues

It's no secret that for over three years now I've longed to start up a specialty bakery. I've waited, I've lusted, I've planned, I've watched others do it and I've envied. The green eyed monster is strong within me.
I've got ideas, recipes, business plans, suppliers and I wait. I wait and I dream. Lots of pats on the head and brush offs when I try to discuss it with folks. Lots of "wait, now's not the right time and I don't want to do that" lots of frustration, heartache, impatience and even tears.
I've threatened to walk away from my dream a zillion times feeling much like a 3rd grader "FINE. I HATE YOU. I'M DONE,
But of course I wasn't. So I'd pout and go back to planing and dreaming and scheming and waiting.
I told myself to be patient. This is what I really want and if it's what I really want, it will happen for me. The universe (God?) doesn't give us things till we are ready for them. Things happen when they are supposed to happen. There is a line from the wonderful poem Desiderata that I hold very dear and it's sort of my life mantra.

"And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."

In other words, cool it kid. That which is meant to happen, will happen. Just be ready when it shows up.
(Whispering) I think it's shown up.
Conversations are happening around my house that were off limits before or topics that got shut down before I got started.
Wheels are starting to turn and the wind is shifting just a little bit. Not all the way, not 100% but enough for me to notice a change in attitudes and a willingness to listen.
I will continue to be patient and hopeful...

No comments: