Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eating around the world

It's no secret that I'm a huge glutton and love to eat. Part of the reason I love to go to Disney World so much is for the food.
Back pre kids even pre husband when I was going to Disney every 6 months by myself I loved the food and had my own food traditions and rituals.
In the Magic Kingdom I would buy a cupcake at the Main Street Bakery sit on one of the curbs and wait for the 3pm parade. Their cupcakes are huge and by the time I was finished I would have on a sugar buzz that would have made Willy Wonka proud.
After I met Mike and converted him to the ways of trips every 6 months I discovered the amazing fudge in Disney World.
At the start of each trip I would purchsase a pound of it and in no time flat it would be gone.
I've given up both those habits but last trip I started a new one. Creme Brulee for dessert. I ordered it everyplace we ate that had it last trip to the point where Mike told me if he cut me, I would  bleed Creme Brulee!
So I started to wonder if I could sample the Creme Brulee at every place that offered it!
I started to do homework.
There isn't any place in Animal Kingdom that offers it so that park is safe.
In Hollywood Studios the Brown Derby has Double Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with a dark chocolate dipped biscotti for $7
In Epcot at The Land's Sunshine Seasons I can get something called Soarin' Brulee for $3.29
At the France Pavillion I have options! I can go to the  restaurant Bistro De Paris and have Vanilla Créme Brulée - caramelized rice pudding, and Upside down caramel cream, Créme Brulée ice cream for $11.00

or I can go to Chefs De France and have Creme Brulee - Vanilla creme brulee served with a Madeleine for $7.25

I could hit the Canada Pavillion and get Maple Creme Brulee at Le Cellier for $6.99 (This is unlikely since a reservation here is almost impossible)
I could eat Seafood for lunch at the Coral Reef and finish with a Butterscotch Cremé Brulée - with seasonal berries for $7.99.
Over in the Magic Kingdom the only place to get it is at Tony's Town Square and it's Pistachio Creme Brulee for $5.99


I can find it at the resorts as well but we don't usually do resort hopping...

No comments: