Thursday, July 1, 2010

A little music

I've discovered that it's easier for me to bike longer distances if I can listen to music while I'm doing it. However headphones make biking dangerous so I've gotten used to listening to music with just one headphone in.
I found this item on EBAY for an insanely low price so I got it unsure of what it would do, how loud it would be or what the sound quality would be.
In a fantastic stroke of very cool luck it's a cooler as well which I didn't know. So I can now put this in my front basket with a couple of bottles of water that will now stay cold. I can also throw an ice pack in there with a wash cloth and have something cold to put on my face and neck.
Okay but how does it sound?


It ain't bad!

Now my concern is how folks will like biking with someone who is listening to music that they can hear as well.
I'm thinking specifically of the Tour De Queens and the Century Bike Tour.
When I get it out into traffic, I'm betting it's not all that loud since it will have lots of other sounds to compete with but I don't want to be "that kid" who's got everyone annoyed because I'm being selfish.
I can always give it a shot and see how it goes. Worst case is that I'll have to shut it off.

No comments: