Thursday, July 8, 2010

Boot Camp AGAIN

Today the air is so sticky and oppressive and awful. It's so humid breathing makes you sweat. David had us doing static moves today. Holding a kettlebell while standing on one leg for 30 seconds, going down into a squat holding a KB and then we also worked with the rings, holding ourselves up, leaning out extending our bodies so that we were working against our own weight. Not a lot of movement but man do my arms feel it after 30 seconds!!
He then had us grab a kettlebell and with one arm hold it straight up over our head while walking to the end of the loading dock. Get to the end and switch arms and walk back. Then go for a jog up and down the loading dock (without the kettlebell). I can usually do it with a 25 pound but today I had a 20 pound.
I think we did 4 rounds of that and then he had us lunge and swing the kettle bell between our legs all the way to the end of the loading dock. Coming back two steps squat and press the kettlebell over head. For this one I'd grabbed the 10 pound weight.
I'm glad I worked smarter not harder because I'd reserved enough energy to go back inside and grab the 35 pound Kettlebell and declare that I wanted to walk with it overhead the length of the loading dock. One arm going down and switch at the end and the other coming back, just as we had done in class.
Actually, what I said to David was that I wanted to go half way down the dock just to see if I could do it.
I got it up and locked my arm and walked. When I got to the half way point I said "Fuck it I can do this" and went the whole way down.
My right arm is so much stronger than my left and I struggled to get the weight up overhead and once I did I felt my arm wobbling as I walked.
I did it though. I walked the loading dock with 35 pounds above my head.
That's the most I've lifted like that yet.
I knew I could do it, but I still feel very proud and accomplished for doing it after everything else I did today.

This is the loading dock looking one way. Hoboken Boot Camps studio is on my right. Half way is where you see the stairs and the elevated walkway. I found out it's about 50 feet long.

This is the loading dock going the other way. I counted steps today as I jogged. It's 31 jogging footfalls one way.

That's my sweetie in the middle. My 35 pound gal. It's my immediate goal to get more comfortable working with this weight and I want to be able to do all the exercises he asks us to do using the kettlebells with this weight. She is of course flanked by her bigger sisters the 50 pound gals. Your time will come ladies. I'll get to you!
This is the 45 pounder. Give me a couple more months and I'll be working with her...
One of these days I'm going to hand David my camera and have him video tape class so I can show you guys what we do and how hard we actually work!

No comments: