Friday, March 26, 2010

Weekend Furlough

So I had this whole post/whine written out that was just me drowning in self pity. I've deleted it.
There is a wonderful line from the movie Babe "The way things are, is the way things are"
I need to not wish for flying pigs or horses with horns. They don't exist and all my wishing won't ever make it so.
Accept that what I've got isn't half bad and see the cup as half full rather than half empty.
I just...I can't help that little twinge of self pity when I see things I want to do and I'm unable to do them because I'm the only human on the planet who can handle my children for more than 24 hours. It's compounded when I hear about other mommies who go away for the weekend with sisters or friends.
Maybe one day I'll get to do this retreat:
http://www.kripalu.org/program/view/RRMF-02

No comments: