Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The sugery is done

Today was an awful long day. I don't meant it was an awful, long day. I mean it was very lengthy and I'm very very tired.

Up at 4:30 to drop the offspring with my friend and her own offspring. Took the bus to the city to be at the hospital by 7:30am.
Surgery schedule for 9:30 didn't take him till 10:00. At 1:00 the surgeon came out to speak to me, told me everything went super well and my darling husband came through with flying colors.
After he left I found my eyes burning with tears and my chest felt heavy and breathing was hard.

I realized that despite my brave face I had been very nervous and very worried about my sweetie and even though I didn't know it my subconscious knew and with the news that he was well I could let go and breathe.
Strange moment for me.

At 2:15 I was able to go in and see him and he was so so so out of it. He could barely open his eyes, his words were slurred and he fell asleep while I was there.

I left at 2:30 when visiting hours ended but I left with my dad who made a completely surprise appearance to see how PT was doing. It was a very welcome visit as far as I was concerned and my dad and I went into the waiting room and chatted till 5 when the second round of vising hours came about.

When we were told he still didn't have a bed, we decided that we were going to head home rather than waiting around for a bed that might never show up.

At the 5pm visit he was much more awake and with it and the panic attack he'd been having at 2:15 was gone.

Dad and I went and got some dinner and came home. The kids are now asleep and I'm exhausted and going to go to bed myself.

Hoping they got my sweetie pie a bed...

Tomorrow I get to bring him home and coax him down the rocky road of recovery....

No comments: