Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nothing to fear...

“Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.” 


Don't think I've shared this with too many folks but biking in traffic scares the crap outta me.
I avoid it at all cost and have backed out of events the last second because it involves biking on the street with cars.
I'm petrified of having someone open a door and I go flying into traffic or having a car or bus or truck not see me or an impatient driver in a rush clips me trying to get around me.

Scared, scared, scared.

That's why this Sunday is such a massive huge deal to me.

I've been preaching to my sister about how she has to just overcome her fears and get out and do the stuff that scares her and it dawned on me how ironic it is that I'm telling her to do exactly what I cannot do myself.

I need to overcome this hurdle and get out there, on the bike and show myself it's not so scary or so bad.

Wanna know how scared I am? The last bike thing I did, the twin lights bike ride, I wound up on the wrong ferry all the way on the wrong side of the city. I HAD to get the bike back across and I was so tired but did I ride it? HELL NO I DID NOT! I walked the almost 3 miles cross down pushing the bike next to me. Took me over an hour. Would have taken a quarter of the time if I'd put on my big girl pants and just gotten on the bike and ridden.

I'm tired of being limited by my own fears and so this Sunday, I will dress in my roaring 20's finest, hop on my bike and face my fears....

Pray for me would ya?

No comments: