Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Facebook

It's been 5 days since I've put the kibosh on Facebook. I'm thinking my account might be staying in cold storage till all of eternity.
I'm not going to delete it because of all the photos I have up over there but I don't think I'll be logging back in.

I have such mixed feelings about it. It's great for someone who is socially awkward like I am. It was my way of being social and now that it's gone, there is an isolation that has set in but it's not unwelcome and it's not bad.

I think not having it will force me to reach out to people and put myself out there and work on my most vulnerable spot. Rejection.

I need to realize that a no to a lunch date or a coffee is not the end of the world, and it's not always because I'm unloved or that folks don't want to be with me.

I'm sure that's the case with a few folks but I know that there are plenty of people who DO want to hang with me and I need to seek them out and leave behind those who don't really care for me or about me.

Forward motion, always forward motion...

No comments: