Saturday, November 27, 2010

Exercise in rejection and exercise in exercise

A few years ago my sister got involve in CBT or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for her OCD.
I admired the hell out of her for being so brave to confront her anxieties so head on.

When I decided it was time to get on top of my issues I thought it would be good to follow her lead and put myself in a situation that had the potential to set off all my triggers.
So I sent out a mass email to everyone in the area that I like and who I'd actually want to spend time with and invited them to my place for a Cupcake Decorating party.

So far, only one of my trusty gal pals who I really love has taken the time to respond and said she would come.

The chicken with no head in my brain is squawking (okay since it doesn't have a head it's not really squawking) flopping around and running in circles with anxiety concerned that my party is going to actually be a play date and no one will come except my true blue pal.

This is good. I'm combating the damn thing head on and at the end and on the other side will realize that it's OKAY if no one comes or even responds.

Next weekend is the bakeoff thing and I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to be the only entrant who arrives without a teammate. I have to be okay with this.  I have to be okay again with being alone.

I've also decided to once again get serious and back on track with my getting into shape and weight loss.
To that end, I'm going to start updating my blog again. Not this one. The weight loss one.
http://overweightmommy.blogspot.com/
Over the summer I took a month off of Boot Camp and did no exercising at all and put back on much of the weight I'd taken off.
With this impending stair climb event I'm going to start doing much more cardio and running stairs at the Monroe Center and my mom's apartment building.
Hopefully that combined with the Rittalin I'm going back on I'll take this weight off no problem.

Because I tend to be reward motivated, I've promised myself that when I take off 50 pounds I will start my tattoo sleeve.

I will be updating the weight loss blog as soon as I get started with the stairs. Next week I think. It's my plan to do Boot Camp 3 days a week and Stairs 2 days a week.

Wish me luck!

No comments: