Sunday, May 2, 2010

Here we go

Today is the day. The day I've been waiting for since I registered for the ride in February.
I'm a little nervous but mostly very very excited. I can't WAIT to get on my bike and see my beloved city in a way I never have before.
As I was reading the map yet AGAIN I realized how much of the outer boros I've never seen before.
Oh and then there is this story that just showed up:
http://www.1010wins.com/Suspected-Car-Bomb-Found/6943862
For those who don't know NYC, our bike route this morning includes a closed off, shut down times square open only to the bike tour.
The fact that less than 10 hours before I pedal there they dismantled a car bomb is a little nerve wracking...
A final check of the weather shows that it's going to be a high of 87 with a thundershower in the later afternoon.
I was so worried about having to have a sweatshirt and layers but it's currently 67 degrees at 3am so ya know what? I'm not going to worry so much about the whole layers thing.
I have my SPF 90 sunblock for my face and SPF 80 for the rest of my body. I've got my new heart rate monitor, the phone is charging, Bison is ready to go and my bags are packed.
Fingers crossed I don't wipe out and don't get a flat today!

No comments: