Friday, May 21, 2010

Biking

People lie. They lie, lie, lie.
I was (after exhausting my researching/scooby dooby skills) absolutely sure that the bike path on the west side highway was flat, flat, flat.
Today as I was going from Christopher Street up to the George Washington Bridge I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get above 10 miles an hour and why I was struggling so hard.
I had to stop and rest 4 times because I was so exhausted.

By the time I got all the way uptown I was done and couldn't imagine doing the same thing on the way home.
I turned the bike around and....LO! My speed was consistent between 11-13 Miles per hour and pedaling was an absolute breeze. If it had been that way on the way up the ride would have been so much more enjoyable.

Now that I know that going is uphill, no matter how gradual the hill is, I can be more prepared for it.
I did 20 miles today and I'm super proud.

No comments: