Monday, October 11, 2010

Today

We had so much fun today but my feet are KILLING me.
We were invited to be on the Autism Speaks float in the NYC Columbus Day Parade.
Of course I jumped at the invitation!
We got there at about 11:00am and at about 1:00 we finally got moving.
I've attended lots of 5th Avenue parades but to be on a float on the other side of the barricade was truly thrilling. My cheeks hurt from smiling so damn much I think I've perfected my princess wave.
It took us almost 3 hours to go a mile because the parade had to keep stopping due to crosstown traffic.
By the time we were done I'd been on my feet standing for about 5 hours and the kiddos were exhausted and hungry and tired.
What a cool experience though. I hope I get to do it again but I can cross it off my bucket list now!

No comments: