Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cruising Documentation

So my clever darling husband discovered that I might need my marriage license to get on the ship because my birth certificate and my drivers license have two different last names.

Unfortunately he discovered this too late for me to have the document mailed to me.
This means that tomorrow, I have to take 3 trains and travel 2 1/2 hours one way to get the stupid license.


Depart : HOBOKEN at 9:30 AM
Board : Train 1607 toward SPRING VALLEY
Arrive : FRANK R LAUTENBERG SECAUCUS LOWER LEVEL at 9:40 AM

Depart : FRANK R LAUTENBERG SECAUCUS UPPER LEVEL at 9:53 AM
Board : Train 3231 toward LONG BRANCH
Arrive : LONG BRANCH at 11:27 AM

Depart : LONG BRANCH at 11:30 AM
Board : Train 4331 toward BAY HEAD
Arrive : BELMAR at 11:49 AM

See? Hoboken to Secaucus, Secaucus to Long Branch, Long Branch to Belmar. Three trains.
Coming home I can take the 2:27pm which is a direct back to Hoboken and gets me home at 4:30. THANK GOD.

I've never had to transfer at the Secaucus Station. I have 13 minutes to find my way to a train in a station I've never been to. That is cutting it AWFUL close. I thought, well, I can go in search of a terminal map and maybe that will help me get familiar with the place and where I have to go. Nope. All it's done is raise my anxiety level.
Wish me luck tomorrow. I think I'm really really going to need it!

No comments: