Thursday, October 14, 2010

Boot Camp

Today in Boot Camp David had us doing these very cool suspended moves where we put our arms in these harness like things and hoisted ourselves up curling our legs up and down.
Lousy description I'm aware but try to visualize it.
I'm short. At just under 5 feet things that other folks can do, I often cannot because I don't have the longer legs. This exercise was a perfect example.
I had to stand on my tippy toes  and stretch all the way up to get my arms in the slings. Once up there I found myself swinging more than lifting because of the reach between myself and the step we were using as a base.
The sling was uncomfortable and it was pinching and grabbing my arm but I sucked it up and did what I had to do.
When I got home the area hurt so I went to check it out.
Look! Boot Camp injuries!

I should add that I'm NOT upset with these or angry or indigent at all. I'm actually delighted in a perverse way. I knew it hurt when I was doing it but I did it anyway and didn't slack off or try to back out of it.
I'm proud of these bruises! Total badge of honor and one step closer to being a total bad ass!

No comments: