Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summertime

and the livin is easy...

Or something.

So my mother goes to the house in the Berkshires on July 7th and doesn't come home till the end of August.

My sister also will be MIA since she's got a new boyfriend and is back in school full time. Her days are packed and her weekends are spent with the boy.

Mike is out of time off till the middle of August.

My dad is going for a consult to have his other knee replaced and hopes to have it done in the middle of July.

I don't have any really close friends and so playdates are far and few between and we don't get invited to people's vacation homes.

So what am I telling you here?

I guess I'm warning you in a round about way about future blogs that will most likely contain rants about how insane the kids are making me, how I'm sick of the playground and how for the next two and a half months I will be with my darling children non stop without a break for almost 24 hours a day. 74 days give or take with no help and no breaks save the occasional Saturday when I will demand to escape to get my nails done for an hour.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my kids and love spending time with them but since we couldn't afford camp this year and summer school was too expensive they get to hang with mommy.

I'd really wanted to take them to the Berkshires but truth be told, even when we are up there, I don't get a break.
I talked to my dad about helping me with a rental car for a couple of weeks and he says he can't afford it. I'm not sure I'll be getting up there this summer. 

My time off and away from my kids is when they are in school. I know this, and most of the time, I accept it with zen like calm.

Once in a while though, I snap and well...I'll be blogging about it I'm sure.

No comments: