Thursday, June 24, 2010

Old Ghosts

So while I was in Disney at about 6:30 in the morning before our flight home as I'm running around getting ready to get on a plane and head home I get an IM conversation from my best friends mother. (You will recall we lost my best friend to a motorcycle accident in July of 2007)
Her mom was one of the gals and so she was always with us and was my second mom for 30 years.
She asked out of the blue if we could have lunch or if I could send her my address because she had some stuff of Christiana's that she knew I should have. Delighted and excited at the prospect of getting a small something of my best pal's I gave her my address.
We had a long intense conversation where I expressed how affected I still am to this day by the loss and how not one single day goes by that I don't think of her. (and I mean it. Not one day has passed that I haven't thought of her in some form)
We did some rewinding and remembering and that was it.
So far no package.
I'm not surprised but I am disappointed.  I know that it's just stuff and being disappointed makes me sound like a super materialistic greedy bitch but it's not at all about that. It's about the memories that the stuff holds.
I have no idea what she's sending but it doesn't matter. It's a piece of my best friend and it was something that belonged to her and it's something that made her mother think of me and that's good enough.
I just wish she would send it!

No comments: