Saturday, June 26, 2010

http://www.nyccentury.org/

Here I go again! I really want to do this! Unfortunately it falls on my 11th wedding anniversary. Fortunately the route that I want to attempt (35 mile) ends between 11am and 3pm, so I would still have time to do something with Mike after...

I have my new padded bike shorts, and I'm going to be getting a gel seat and this time out, I have a much better idea of what to expect of the route and I'm far more comfortable with my bike.

 I promised my pal Sarah that I would train a little before I attempted another bike tour and true to my word I will. The only issue is that the kids don't go back to school till the 1st of September so that would give me two weeks to get back to biking.

I think if I keep focusing on my legs in boot camp and keep up with the squats and start to do more running rather than power walking I'll have a better shot and not feeling so damn exhausted this time around.

Of course, there is the tiny voice in my head who keeps telling me "But THIS one  you will be riding with CARS and doesn't that scare you?!" Truth be told it DOES scare me. A whole lot. The traffic combined with the stupid unavoidable bottlenecks where you have to do the slow wobble ride or the scoot along ride make me want to seriously turn tail and run from this whole thing.

But how bad would I feel if come September 12th and I was sitting at home because I was too fearful to try? I can't let my fear conquer me!
I want to attempt the hills again, and the distance and I want to squelch that little internal voice that says "I can't, you can't, we can't so don't even try"

The 5 boro was 32,000 people. The Century is 6,000. BIG difference! Plus we have a staggered start time so perhaps that helps.

I want all the hard work in Boot Camp to go for something and not just good looks. I want to put my new strength and my toned muscles to work! 

I'll have to go and talk to my darling husband about this one and then go and register me and Bison...

No comments: