Monday, February 15, 2010

It's a new day

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays.

Ralph Waldo Emerson


(Deep breath) In with the good, out with the bad. Today is a brand new day and it's my pre-birthday celebration day. Tonight the boys and I will go and play with Chinese Lions and celebrate the Year of the Tiger!

I'm making myself a cute marabou barrette to wear tonight and I have to find my favorite red turtleneck sweater and I'm gonna wear makeup and my kids and I are going to dance with the Lion and feed them dollars to ensure luck for this coming year and I am going to pray and meditate on how to best tackle this issue in my marriage.

I'm going to formulate a plan on how to find my voice and to not attack my husband and figure out how we can work as a team to get past this and get back on the road we want to and need to be on...


No comments: