Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Another Bake Sale

PJ is in kindergarten and it's the very first year his school has a kindergarten class in it. Lion is in the same building which makes for a very happy mommy.
With the formation of the kindergarten we formed a PTO (like a PTA but without the legal aspects) and I'm on the fund-raising committee and the Family Fun Committee.

If you know me at all, you know that fund-raising is what I love to do and if you've followed this blog at all, you know that I'm knee deep in a large scale fundraiser of my own design for Autism Speaks.

I think I like to challenge (read torture) myself by accepting as many challenges as I can in a short period of time.

People know that I enjoy helping and volunteering and so I'm often approached to help with either fund-raising or school related events or activities where they need friendly smiles and warm bodies. This week I've been asked to donate my time to help other parents at the pre-k open house tomorrow morning.

Having two boys who have been in the 3 and 4 year old programs in both HOPES and Head Start (The two programs offered at the school) AND having one also receiving special services I think that makes me as qualified as anyone to put other mommies and daddies at ease that their precious little Jacks and Jills will grow, thrive, flourish and have a wonderful time at school.

The next week I've been asked to do the same for the Kindergarten program PLUS I'm running another fund-raising bake sale for the PTO.

Of course we all know how much I love to bake and I LOVE a good bake sale so I've got plans galore for this weekend that involve being elbow deep in dipping chocolate and frosting and cupcakes and cookies. Of course this bake sale isn't MINE and it's not for Autism Speaks or another charity of my choosing but it's for the kids and the school and so I tend to do slightly nutso planning and I go a little (a lot) overboard with my menu and what I'll be making.

So far here is my menu:

Chocolate dipped Twinkies
Chocolate dipped oreos
S'Mores on a stick (two marshmallows dipped in chocolate and rolled in graham crackers)
Pancake Cupcakes with maple buttercream frosting and maple bacon
Red Velvet Cupcakes with cream cheese icing
Caramel Cupcakes with Banana Cream Cheese frosting
Carrot Cake Cookies with cream cheese centers
Wilderness Lodge Cookies
Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
Caramel Brownies
Mini Pies on a stick
Worms in dirt (Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and gummi worms)
Mini Cupcakes of various types


This weekend is going to be insane around here with baking!!!

No comments: