Friday, February 19, 2010

Belated Birthday Lunch

Yesterday a group of my gal pals and my sister (who's really one of my gal pals as well) went to Alice's Tea Cup for my birthday lunch.
We had SUCH a great time and I'm so lucky to have them.

I don't have a huge social network of friends. I've never worked that way.
I would much rather have three or four super tight, close girlfriends who I can call on at any time and know they will always be there for me and no matter where we go or what we do, we are always going to be able to be ourselves and we are always going to laugh a LOT. I know I can wear my nesting bird hair clip and my neon orange flats and they won't even flinch.

One of our musketeers was missing due to an eye appointment but we managed to have a great time all the same.

Alice's is a wonderful place with three locations and all are really nice. The tea is of course wonderful but the food is always top notch and everyone I bring there is always super surprised at how good it is.

Alice's has amazing scones and super yummy desserts and the tea sandwiches are so good.

We had to wait for a table which was fine because we had some comical parking issues that ate up a good deal of our time and when we finally got there we were seated almost right away.

As we walked through the dining room my eyes were drawn to a table in the corner that had two girls seated at it. I immediately wrote them off as the kind of girls I went to school with. Wealthy, entitled, brownstone dwelling, private school attending obnoxious princesses.

As it turns out one of them was one of the stars of the new 90210.

Don't ask me which one it was because clearly I wouldn't know her if I tripped over her.

I think I have to remind myself more often not to be so quick to judge folks....

No comments: