Friday, February 19, 2010

Inbetween Worlds

I'm sitting here feeling so exhausted right now.
My body is trying to decide if it wants to get full blow flu like sick or swing the other way and just have a bad cold.
Today when I dropped the kids off one of the other mothers looked at me and in an alarmed/concerned mommy voice said "Are you okay? You don't look good"
She grew a little more concerned when I told her I felt like something out of the gutter but I was still going to boot camp.

Somehow I made it through boot camp. I have NO idea how I did it. I had to summon every single ounce of energy in my body and even then I was the kid doin her own thing. When they were doing jumping jacks I went and grabbed the ledge along the wall and did mountain climbers. (My boobs really hate jumping jacks) and when we were doing knee to chest I had to do them from an all fours doggy style position.

I got home sat down and realized that I was indeed getting sick.
If I stayed seated I would never get the errands run that I needed to get done so with a little groan I hoisted my tush out of the chair found my shoes called a cab and went into the city.

I got all my errands done which included a run to Staples where I wound up getting poster board and letter cut outs for the sign for the bake sale.

I also had this super cute idea for something I want to have on the table (it's a surprise!) and so I got construction paper as well.

I also got markers so I can make all the signs for the items ahead of time and they don't look like a 2 year old made them like they did last time.

As I'm sitting here typing this, these projects are looming over me, filling me with a sense of doom and heaviness. My creative side is in hibernation and while I really want to get this all done the way I feel now...

No comments: