Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Boot Camp

Today I brought my camera in to Boot Camp and asked David to take some photos and videos of me. It's important for me to be able to see what I'm doing and where I am and where I'm going if I'm going to stay motivated. 
I admit when he started taking photos I initially felt a little self conscious and silly for appearing so vain.
Once I got home and was able to see the stuff he shot I'm really glad I asked him to do it.






I rock and I rock hard. I'm well on my way to being a total bad ass and there is NOTHING you can do about it!
This was by far the hardest I think I've ever pushed myself in Boot Camp.
This was at the end of a class full of Cardio (I JOGGED PEOPLE!) which always kicks my ass. I had originally wanted to do an overhead press and walk the loading dock with the 35 pound weight today but it was pouring so David came up with this masochistic idea.
I had asked him if we could do more step ups onto the tire as I'd really felt it in my calves in a way I hadn't before. Damn it if he didn't just put the two things together for me.
I initially protested the idea with such a heavy weight. My legs were already tired from running and doing side shuffles and running backwards. No WAY I could get them to cooperate to step up as high as I have to to get to the top of that tire and not with 40 pounds!
I pushed through and did it though!
I did about 10 or 15 reps and David only got the last few on tape.


There is an Alice Cooper song called "Hello Hooray". It's one of my favorites. It's all about anticipating and planning for a big goal and having it finally come to reality.In the middle of it he sings "I feel strong. So strong. I feel so strong" I'm always motivated by that song and it's exactly the way  felt today after doing this.

I love that feeling and that's why I keep pushing the weights and to see how far I can get myself to go and see where I can't do anymore.
The rush after accomplishing something like this for me is amazing. I feel proud and strong and accomplished. All the things I'm striving for!


























No comments: