Saturday, February 26, 2011

Stair Climb

With less than 24 hours to go till my stair climb event I've shifted into my nervous obsessive phase. I'm searching the internet for tips and tricks and stories of folks experiences with the climb.

I'm getting myself super excited and don't think I haven't noticed that there is a distinct lack of fear or uneasiness as there was with the twin lights bike ride. Remember how worried I was about that? As it turned out, my fears were well founded because that ride had the most insane hills I've ever ridden.

Having said that EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE in my family is supremely concerned about me and has told me so over and over. They are all sure I'm going to have a heart attack on the course. I promise you family, that is in no way my intention. I'll have my heart rate monitor and the first rest stop is on the 28th floor. I'll rest and drink and if I'm up to it and ONLY if I'm up to it, I'll keep climbing. I'm not one of those crazy insane athletes that pushes to the point of injury. I'm a fat mommy who is trying to push past my own limits but not at the expense of my heath. I PROMISE.

My plan for tomorrow is to set my alarm for about 5am get up, shower, get dressed, take the dog for a nice long walk and head into the city at about 6:30am.

It's important to me that I enter the building from the 5th Avenue promenade so depending on the time, I'm either going to walk up (I love the city at that time. It's almost empty and has a calmness to it that you can't find at any other time) or if I'm running late, I'll take the F train up and walk down 5th.

I'm not allowed to take photos on the stairs but if you think I'm leaving my camera home, you are on serious amounts of crack. I want photos from the top!!

I'm excited and I think I'm ready!

No comments: