Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summertime & the livin is easy...

Clearly Lady Holiday didn't have kids. (though the part about Ma being good looking is dead on)
I had enrolled both kids in the summer program being offered by the schools.
Pats was in from 8:30 to 2:30 & Lion was in from 8:30 to 12:30.

Today was day 2 of the program & Lion decided he was done, done, done.

We did the same thing last year but I forced him to stay in & the whole month was crap. I'm not doing it again this year. He told me in no uncertain terms he did not want to be there, and so I've pulled him out.

Okay, at least I still have one kid in for the summer. I can handle one at home.

We go to pick up the big son & HE tells me he's done, done, done. The only reason he wanted to be in the program was because they offered a Lego building course. It's not on his schedule & it's not being offered.

He was actually crying on the walk home because he doesn't want to go back.

I'm not going to force my kids to go to a summer program. That seems cruel. Summers are supposed to be fun!

So, I went from having 4 free hours each day to get errands & things done, to having the next 71 days straight with the kids.

 I will survive this. We will have a good time together. We will go to the park & we have an annual pass to the NY Zoological Parks so we can hit up zoos & museums.  

Somehow I feel I will turn out to be excellent blog fodder.

No comments: