Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Music and how it feels

Today I had to go to the bank which is about a mile walk from our apartment.
It's cold but sunny and I wanted to use my IPOD (A Christmas gift I haven't had the chance to play with yet) so I decided to walk.
I threw on my sunglasses, my black Docs and headed out.
My IPOD has some random weird shit on it but it's all music that I love. Hanoi Rocks, The Dead Boys, New York Dolls, Reverend Horton Heat, PIL, The Clash, Wham, Stray Cats, Hall and Oats, Joan Jett, Kiss, Motley Crue...
So I've got my music cranking and I get walking and the sun is shining and I realize I'm in a GREAT mood with TONS of energy. As I get into a groove I realize I feel good. I feel sexy, happy, confident, alive, in love, content, cool and a little bit like a bad ass (The docs always seem to have that effect on me)
I felt invincible and completely on top of my game and in control. The sidewalk was almost a catwalk and I was fuckin WORKING THAT SHIT...Head high, shoulders back, confident stride, quick pace.
I got to the bank, got my quarters turned around and walked the mile back home. When I got home I looked at the clock.
I walked to the bank, got cash, got quaters and walked home (2 mile round trip) in 40 mins.

All beacuse of my IPOD and the way music made me feel today.
Don't ever tell me music isn't an important part of life...

No comments: